Family Dentistry in Milpitas, CA
Your Family’s Oral Health in Expert Hands
The highest standard of dental care in Milpitas, CA.
At Optimum Dental Care, we are ready to treat patients of all ages. Our family dentist is trained to preserve and restore oral health in both adults and young children, so when you visit our office, you will be confident that your family will get the dental care they deserve.
Our goal is to make your visit pleasant and comfortable from the moment you step into our office. Our front-desk team will receive your family with a warm smile, and our experienced professionals will create a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. With Milpitas, CA family dentistry, you’ll discover what patient-centered dentistry really means.
Our family dentist offers the following services:
Schedule an appointment with our family dentist that genuinely cares about oral health.
Benefits of Family Dentistry
The oral care your family deserves - all in one place.
Your Typical Dental Visit
The American Dental Association (ADA)Opens a new window to the ADA website advises patients to visit a dental office at least every six months. These checkups are essential to monitor your smile (and your children’s) to help maintain oral health.
A family dentist offers an integrated approach to oral health. Our dentist can spot any issue that might affect your dental wellness and determine what is the right course of treatment for you.
When visiting a family dentist, you can expect the following:
- Dental cleaningsOur expert team of hygienists uses ultrasonic devices to deep clean your teeth to get rid of dental plaque and tartar. Together you will go through brushing and flossing techniques to improve your oral hygiene routine. Hygienists may also take x-rays to evaluate with the dentist any areas that need additional services.
- Clinical examinationOnce the cleaning is done, our dentist will examine your smile and the x-rays to see if there’s any issue with your teeth, such as cavities or periodontal disease. Sealants or fluoride treatment might also be indicated at this stage.
- Further treatment when necessaryIf a dental problem arises, or if you have any cosmetic concern, our dentist will design a treatment plan that might include fillings, teeth whitening, veneers, or more complex dental procedures.
Family Dentistry: Frequently Asked Questions
- How often do I need to visit the dental office?The ADA advises to visit the dentist at least every six months. This will help ensure that even if a problem does arise, the team at our office will be able to catch it quickly, minimizing the cost and severity of the issue.
- What is the importance of baby teeth?Yes, they are, baby teeth are there for a reason. Besides allowing your children to eat, speak and smile, baby teeth hold space for the eruption of permanent teeth. If they are lost prematurely, there are considerably higher chances of crowding in permanent dentition.
- What are dental sealants?Sealants are indicated for those patients that are cavity-prone. They cover the deep fissures in the back teeth, preventing the bacterial build-up that causes cavities. Our family dentist will evaluate if your little one needs sealants for prevention purposes.
- Can I prevent dental decay?Cavities are a consequence of multiple factors, but dental plaque is by far the most important one. As a consequence, avoiding bacterial build-up is vital to prevent dental decay. At Optimum Dental Care, we insist on the importance of maintaining correct oral hygiene. Every family member should brush and floss their teeth at least twice a day, and it is also advisable to use ADA-approved fluoride toothpaste. This mineral strengthens the enamel’s structure and makes it more resistant to decay.
- Why are oral cancer screenings important?Oral cancer should be taken seriously, dentists play a key role in the evaluation and diagnosis. As it is usually found in the tongue, tonsils, floor of the mouth, and oropharynx, dental checkups are crucial for its early detection and treatment. Finding cancer early (before it spreads) significantly increases the chances of recovery.